look at my children i love them
I haven’t made the house available for download, and I don’t plan to, but because a number of people have asked, here is a list of all the CC I used, as well as a download link for the items I created myself.
BabaYaga’s small decorative plate with stand
and woman’s profile pattern
Art from B5Studio:
- Nature in Parts
- Oölogy Prints
- Arts & Crafts Woodcuts
Hannibal’s Living Room
TS3 store content:
jomsims’s Olia Sweet double bed and folded blanket
TS3 store content:
Hannibal’s Dining Room
granthes’ One More Slot Please!
(to allow placement of lamps on the mantelpiece)
riccinumbers’ Ikea Inspired Bekvam Kitchen
stove and deco stove (double wall oven)
plasticbox’s Simple Kitchen counters, islands, cabinets
lemoncandy’s living room clutter (bowl of fruit)
- cutting board
- salt and pepper
- wall rack plant
- “Encyclopédie, ou dictionnaire raisonné des sciences, des arts et des métiers: Planches, vol. 3" - a collection of plates depicting surgical tools from the encyclopedia edited by Denis Diderot and Jean le Rond d’Alembert, 1763 (shown plate X and plate XXVI)
- “Coriolanus - Act V, Scene III”, painted by Gavin Hamilton (1723-1798), engraved by James Caldwell, 1803
- Photograph of a demonstrational surgery performed by Vincenz Czerny (1842-1916)
- Ukiyo-e triptych by Utagawa Kunisada depicting kabuki actors from the drama “Sumidagawa Hana no Goshozome (The Sumida River Adorned with Cherry Blossoms)”, 1832
- Unattributed memorial ukiyo-e print of kabuki actor Ichikawa Danjuro VIII following his suicide in 1854
- Silver hoop (made from a screenshot)
- Silver plates (made from a screenshot)
- Painting of an urn (made from a screen shot)
- Detail prints of Casa Batlló, designed by architect Antoni Gaudi, built in 1877 and renovated in 1904
Ukiyo-e prints by Katsushika Hokusai (with one exception), 1760-1849
[On the left, from top to bottom]:
- “Hōryūkaku”, depicting the battle on the roof of Hōryū Tower at Koga castle between Inukai Genpachi Nobumichi and Inuzuka Shino Moritaka from the early 19th century novel, “Nansō Satomi Hakkenden (Tale of the Eight Dogs)” (this is the exception; this is another Kunisada print)
- “Fujisawa 3.5 Ri to Hiratsuka”, from an untitled series of the 53 stations of the Tokaido road
- “Sesshū Ajikawaguchi Tenpōzan (Mt. Tenpō at the mouth of the Aji river in Sesshū province)”, from the series “Shokoku Meikyō Kiran (Remarkable Views of Bridges in Various Provinces)”
[On the right, from top to bottom]:
- “Shinpan Ukie Shin Yoshiwara Omonuchi no Zu (A New Edition of a Perspective Print Showing the Great Gate at New Yoshiwara)”
- “Yokkaichi 2.27 Ri to Ishiyakushi”, also from the Tokaido series
- “Shojin Tozan (People Climbing the Mountain)”, from the series “Fugaku Sanjûrokkei (36 Views of Mt. Fuji)”
- “Leda and the Swan”, François Boucher, c. 1740
- “Woods Reflected in a Pond”, Oscar Grosch, 1907 (mural wallpaper)
- “Young Man Pulling a Thorn from his Foot”, from “Anatomia per uso et intelligenza del disegno ricercata non solo su gl’ossi, e muscoli del corpo humano" by Bernardino Genga, 1691
- “The Bathers" by Jean-Honoré Fragonard, 1765
- “Charlecote Park Great Hall”, 1858 lithotint by F.W. Hulme of an original sketch by J.G. Jackson, 1845
and not pictured, but included:
- “Mary of Modena" by Willem Wissing, 1685 (the portrait hanging in Hannibal’s foyer).
- Plate 57, “Peculiarities of the Ear”, from Alphonse Bertillon’s “Instructions Signalétiques; Identification Anthropométrique”, 1893 (print hanging in the office mezzanine).
The concept for BAD COMPANY cover came to light rather in the very late stage. Just 2 hours after we completed the interior and we have only 48 hours to turn in the cover to make the impending Summer Comiket deadline.
The first ideas and its doodles’ based on what would be the easiest for us to turn in (close up bust of David). However, it lacked context and it’s not terribly dynamic. A little brainstorming later, Neko suggested a ‘Silent Hill’-esque feel to the scene, complete with the abandoned mental hospital. Something out of the Waverly Hills Sanatorium. The scene would be a hint of the story to come (or rather, the case David is involved with).
The cover turned out different from what we conceptualized. The coloring brought out the Noir Crime/Horror feel to it. Consider the similar themed covers of the Noir Crime/Horror covers that featured busty damsels in distress with strategically ripped dress. Now it’s ….David.
All in all, this cover was fun and interesting (although very stressful in that we had less than 2 days to conceptualize, draw and paint it) because it’s a departure from what we did with the ITW and especially Prequel covers.
The doujin will premier in Taiwan at CWT and Summer Comiket - both on 16 AUG. We will release the catalog URL for the preorders on the 17th while we are in Japan. Shipping will start after we return from Japan on the 19th (but will not be in the bay area until after 20th).
More on this later. Please follow us on FB or Twitter for details.
ORLANDO BLOOM PUNCHED JUSTIN BIEBER IN THE FACE
ORLANDO BLOOM PUNCHED JUSTIN BIEBER IN THE FACE
- ORLANDO BLOOM PunCHED KJUSTIN BIEBER IN THE FCACE
- ORLAND O
- IN THE FUCKING FACE
im finally getting around to uploading art from back in spring semester hehe
This was my final workshop project in May! We had to make an interactive Flash exhibition type thing, so I chose to make a rad ravaged security desk of a hypothetical Monster Containment Center. You could press buttons and make shit happen on the screen like you were viewing different camera s and seeing the monsters being contained AND I WAS REALLY FUCKING PROUD OF IT FUCKING LOVED THIS
one monster cage was broken out of too and there may or may not have been some roaring in the exhibit.
Guide to Self-Studying Japanese
A large proportion of Japanese learners self-study. Finding places to learn Japanese in a classroom environment can be difficult and expensive. Here’s a guide on how you can learn Japanese for free and from the comfort of your sofa.
When learning Japanese, the most important step is to learn Hiragana and Katakana, the writing alphabets of Japanese.
The best way I’ve found to do that is to make flashcards. Make sure you practice writing as well as recognizing them, this will not only be a great skill to have but will also reinforce the shapes in your mind.
[Hiragana 42], the best guide I’ve found to learn the Hiragana (in a day!)
[Hiranana and Katakana Quiz Site]
[Kana Invaders Game]
[Anki] An amazing program that will make sure you never forget any Vocabulary….
The next step is to start learning vocabulary. Where can you find what to learn? Use a site like Memrise to find word lists (for example, there is a word list for all the vocabulary in starter textbooks like Genki), and use the amazing interface to learn them and keep them in your long term memory.
While encountering vocabulary, you’re likely to be coming across super-complicated-looking Kanji. You can learn Kanji through Memrise as above, but there are some other websites that may be of interest.
[Kanji Damage] A great site where you can learn Kanji through Mnemonics.[WaniKani] by the same people ho make TextFugu (below) can help you learn Kanji from scratch.
[Anki] An amazing program that will make sure you never forget any Kanji….
The next step is to apply that new vocabulary to grammar points and start making sentences.
If you can’t get your hands on textbooks like Genki, don’t fear! There are a lot of great online grammar resources.
[TextFugu] a highly rated ‘online textbook’ which will guide you right from the beginning of learning Japanese.
[Guide to Japanese] another online textbook with a lot of grammar points and excellent explanations.
The Fun Parts: Using Japanese Online Media
So you probably have learnt Japanese because you have some interest in Japanese media. Time to start using it to your learning advantage!
Aside from the obvious watching Anime, J-dramas and films, why not try Reading Japanese News? Watching Japanese TV? Just make sure you are making these activities productive - note down new vocabulary, add them to Anki, and keep learning! It’s much easier to learn things you’re interested in. Try translating Japanese songs, etc.
The most important but difficult part of self-studying Japanese is getting your own compositions checked. Utilize all that grammar and vocabulary and write a short piece, it could be a diary entry or a short essay. Get it recorded for you by a native on RhinoSpike, and checked for grammar and consistencies on Lang-8.These sites also give you the chance to connect with Japanese natives, and perhaps start up some language exchanges!
For more resources, take a look at my Ultimate Resources List
Any more tips? Comment below!
Imagine the uproar if these kinds of pictures were shown in magazines all the time. But nobody bats a fucking eyelid when we do it to women. Everyone (men (white men)) would be up in arms about ~misandry~ and hypersexualization, but do these dudebro MRAs care that women are subjected to this type of imagery /reversed/ in our own magazines on every second goddamn page? Didn’t think so.
THAT is why these images showing the reversal is important. Dudes will cry “you won’t get people to join your cause if you respond to degradation of your gender by degrading another gender” - no, fuck you. We are sick of the constant hypersexualization, and one photoset relieving us of our plight that makes you uncomfortable is NOTHING compared to what we deal with everyday.
In the first issue Clint gets shot in the arm while wearing a grey suit. The next time we see him in the suit, nineteen issues later, the sleeve is still torn in the place where he got shot.
I want to rub this comic against everyone’s bodies and talk endlessly about perfect visual storytelling for the rest of my liiiiife
A TRUE FEMALE ICON
and we’re not going to talk ABOUT HOW THIS IS BUFFY
I THINK WE SHOULD ALSO BE TALKING ABOUT HOW THAT IS SOMETHING BUFFY WOULD DO
i feel like daphne was just a red haired season 1 buffy
Hunter and prey.
#i’ve had this sitting in my drafts for ages because i didn’t want to post it without appropriate tags #because look at this #look at this thing of beauty #an AU where Derek is an assassin and Stiles is his mark #Stiles is one of the higher ups of a group known as ‘The Tricksters’; labeled as terrorists #and Derek’s kills are always simple. they never suspect until his gun is aim at their head #and sometimes they beg but usually they don’t have time #Stiles though #Stiles knows he’s coming and is there to meet him and stares him in the eye as the gun is pressed to his head #like he’s /daring/ Derek to do it #and suddenly Derek needs to know more (via wolftraps)
ok but have u guys SEEN dylans hands
have you guys SEEN dylans lips
have you guys SEEN dylans smile
have you guys SEEN dylans body
have you guYS SEEN HIS ASS???????????????
HAVE YOU SEEN HIS SIDE PROFILE?!?!